Engineering Planner (entry-level)
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we're driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That's why we're crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we'll be ready. Will you?
What does this role look like?
• Assist with Engineering BOE (Basis of Estimate) preparation.
• Perform engineering resource capacity planning.
• Develop and maintain valid, integrated engineering change and release schedules Demand Management deployment and management through health indicators / metrics.
• Engineering Schedule integration with IMS (Integrated Master Schedule) & Next User of engineering products. Manage Engineering schedule Performance to next user need date via metrics & system tools.
• Assess schedule risk, identify work arounds and resolution plans to support need. Assist Engineering CAMs (Control Account Manager) with resource load of Supplemental Schedules. Develop / Manage internal Engineering EMS (Engineering Master Schedule).
• Support program project reviews.
• Ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance required for this role.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin strives for an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Program Management or a related discipline from an accredited college/university.
• This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
• Prior planning experience
• Understanding of program management
• Knowledge of government and commercial industry practices, techniques, and standards
• Working knowledge of project planning tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Back to top