Engineering Aide Senior / Soldering / Assembly & Test / Orlando, FL
Description: Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. This is Lockheed Martin's lead business unit for research development and production of electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology.
Engineering Aides are qualified and trained to support electrical/mechanical fabrication and testing associated with aerospace related or comparably critical systems. Candidate is expected to assist engineers to fabricate test, evaluate and trouble shoot complex assemblies. Other tasks may include cable/harness fabrication, surface mount and thru-hole soldering and test box fabrication. Candidate could support multiple missile and fire control programs.
Desired Skills: - Ideal candidate would have experience reading engineering drawings and schematics and be able to think independently and critically.
- Knowledge of basic AC/DC circuitry as well as use of basic test equipment such as multimeters is expected.
- Candidate experienced in soldering surface mount technology (SMT) parts with microscope precision, familiar with cable/harness fabrication, test box fabrication is highly desirable.
- Related military experience and previous LMC experience is a plus.
- IPC-620, IPC-610 and J-STD-001 certification highly desirable.
- Must be a detailed worker, capable of following written and oral instructions from engineering drawings and provide feedback to Engineering when developing assembly instructions and drawings.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and have experience with hand tools used for cable/harness and test box fabrication as well as hand solder experience.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Candidate must be able to pass LM provided solder and harness fabrication training.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top