Embedded Software Engineer (Orlando)
Description:As a Software Engineer at Lockheed Martin, you will join one of the largest networks of software professionals, implementing cutting edge technologies on both existing and new development products. You will be helping us solve the world's most difficult challenges, developing industry leading technology and products in the areas such as: EO/IR Targeting and Surveillance Systems, Advanced Threat Warning Systems, Combat and Defense Missile development.
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle; design, code, test, integration, verification and field integration support, facilitated by an Agile software development work flow. You will have the opportunity to utilize your skills in many different technical areas including: object oriented software development, real-time embedded development for multi-core and multi-processor systems, development for multiple operating systems (VxWorks, Linux, Windows), defensive cyber security/product protections, image/signal processing, image/inertial tracking, servo/mechanism controls, machine learning, image/data fusion, mission planning and field maintenance application development, other GUI development to support test and verification.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Software development experience in C/C++
- Familiarity and understanding of differences between relevant C++ standards (ie. C++98; C++11; C++17, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Software integration and debugging techniques.
- Experience with Object Oriented design and associated documentation.
- Detailed understanding of Operating System concepts/features/differences (Linux, VxWorks, Windows)
- Experience with Software Continuous Integration (CI) toolchains/pipelines (configuration management, automated unit testing, static analysis, etc)
- Experience with GUI development utilizing C++/Qt framework or C#
Back to top