Embedded Software Engineer
Description: As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will apply your knowledge to Software driver development, Digital signal processing applications, Client/server applications, Legacy and current processor technology, Operating systems, architectures, and interfaces, Assembly and high-level programming languages, as well as Software/code reverse engineering, and Embedded software development. In addition, you will participate in or lead software peer reviews, provide technical management using project management best practices, and lead a small team of contractor technical personnel. You must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to the technical team, management, and customer so as to inform them of progress, plans and potential problems and viable solutions. You must be able to apply sound planning, analysis, and programming and coding practices.
Desired Skills: • Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience utilizing coding languages: C, Python, GNU Tools, and Linux Kernel Code.
• Programming experience for embedded Linux both user-space and kernel-mode software in C and ideally C++ as well.
• Low-level development experience - e.g. interrupt handlers, device drivers, controlling peripherals, reading/writing Flash memory, etc.
• Experience porting the Linux kernel to other hardware platforms, especially ARM-based platforms.
• Experience with OpenWRT/LEDE distribution highly preferred.
• Experience with the creation of Linux packages, ideally OpenWRT/LEDE, but also RPM packages for Fedora/Red Hat.
• Experience standing up cross-compilers and build environments for bootstrapping a cross-development environment.
• Solid understanding of GNU Make,
• Experience with automake/autoconf suite.
• Experience supporting patches for projects.
• Python experience.
Gov't Software Framework-experience Available in reading room, is a plus
Note that a candidate does not necessarily need to possess all of the items listed.
Experience with the C and C++ programming languages. (Candidates with experience using embedded C are preferred.)
Experience with the Linux operating system (and variants). Candidates with experience using embedded Linux are preferred.)
Experience with the Microsoft Windows operating system, and Microsoft Office productivity suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Experience with the Atlassian suite of software development and management products (Confluence and Jira), Apache's Subversion source version control system, agile development methodologies, XML, and Python are preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top