Electronics/Mechatronics Design and Integration Engineer
- Littleton, CO
Description: Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most innovative and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation's space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you've played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the people working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining.
In the Space Protection Programs (SPP) line of business, you'll be immersed within a fast-paced environment where innovation is in action with rapid design, build, and test development cycles. With applications mostly geared towards small satellites, you'll have the opportunity to see the full spectrum of the program life cycle from proposal, design, assembly integration and test, through flight operation. Development happens in an agile lab environment where prototyping of electro-mechanical systems enables engineers to rapidly discover solutions and iterate on short time tables.
As a Electronics/Mechatronics Design and Integration Engineer, you will:
• Support system-level design and integration across multiple disciplines including motor control, discrete circuit design, analog sensor integration, microcontrollers, and PCB development
• Identify system-level issues, spanning software, electronics, and mechanical systems throughout the development, integration, and test phases
• Decompose requirements specifications, define verification activities, and demonstrate compliance to requirements through analysis and test
• Demonstrate leadership through ownership of the integrated performance across electrical, software, and mechanical components.
• Lead subassembly demonstrations to our customer
• Be immersed in a highly capable, cross disciplinary team, with the ability to integrate and test some of the most exciting space systems in the industry to meet customer needs.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Physics or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Experience with electrical integration functions
• Experience coordinating with multiple engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Flight Sciences, Materials, Manufacturing, Test, etc.)
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
• Active TS clearance or SCI access
• Experience with telemetry systems, flight operations, and/or electrical design
• Working knowledge of electronics circuit design across a diverse set of applications
• Working knowledge of embedded software developed in a C coding environment, including interaction with ground specialized test equipment.
• Demonstrated understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
• Space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top