Electronic Components Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly innovative team providing inventive solutions to sophisticated technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. When enemies attack, governments need be ready to defend their soldiers, citizens and infrastructure. That's where programs like THAAD come in - it's one of the most sophisticated missile defense systems in the world and is prepared to accept the challenge.
Learn more about THAAD: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/thaad.html
As a Component Engineer you'll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you'll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and creative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
In this role you will:
• Participate in Electrical/ Electronic/ Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineering technical assignments related to hardware manufacturing and testing. Assignments will include technical evaluation and support of manufacturing issues/concerns
• Have a hand in the development of the program EEE Parts management plan, the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of EEE Parts
• Prepare technical and progress reports on work you're doing, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
• Coordinate with other subject areas such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
We're looking for:
• A self-starter who implements solutions to technical issues
• A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically diverse team to resolve technical issues
• Able to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet schedules.
• Capable of communicating in a variety of forums
• Willing to mentor and teach junior engineers
• Technical leadership of small teams or projects
• Proven ability to communicate key project information or recommendations to Program management and /or Customers
Typically looking for 9 to 13 years of professional experience
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts related experience or field of study to include integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitor.
• Good understanding of parts performance requirements and specifications.
• Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
• Experience evaluating EEE parts for use in aerospace applications
• Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, stress, and manufacturing engineering.
• Good writing, and interpersonal communication.
This position requires eligibility to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Proven experience in the analysis of passive EEE parts, semiconductor physics and/or operation of parts such as hybrids, IC's and capacitors
• Experience with EEE parts testing, failure analysis and non-conformance resolution and disposition experience.
• Experience working collaboratively with customers and teammates
• Familiar with radiation effects on EEE parts
• Knowledge of avoiding and mitigating counterfeit part usage
• Knowledge of design, manufacturing, materials and processes for EEE parts
• Experience in participating in major program milestone reviews such as PDR and CDR
• Influencing corporate and industry standards
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top