Electronic Attack Systems Engineer
- Endicott, NY
Description:We are seeking a mid-career Electronic Attack (EA) Systems Engineering role within the Lockheed Martin Advanced Airborne Electronic Warfare (A2EW) organization supporting government airborne platforms. In general, the tasks involved in this position are highly technical and focused on electronic warfare; RF emitters and antennas, their use and limitations; and the computing systems that are used in this domain.
General tasks may include:
- Project lead for a small team of Systems Engineers
- Development of EA Techniques / EW solutions to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms
- Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and requirements
- Develops and analyzes EA algorithms
- Performs subsystem/system level integration and test of EA systems
- Performs lab debug and analysis of EA system issues
- Verifies and validates complex system designs
- Supports proposal development activities
Lockheed Martin Owego provides Electronic Warfare Systems Engineering expertise for a wide variety of airborne platforms used by the Department of Defense and International military customers. The Owego campus has over 45 years supporting EW development with over 3000 systems developed and fielded Worldwide.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours' drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
- Electronic Attack (EA) subsystem/system development and integration experience
- EA technique development
- EA simulation tool familiarization
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in MATLAB, C++ or Python
- Strong communication skills required for interfacing with customers and users
- Minimum of Secret with an investigation within the last 5 years
- Hardware, Software or Firmware development background
- Understanding of threats and tactics
- Familiarity with EWIR
- Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; demonstrated technical leadership.
- Top Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top