Electrical Engineer Staff
Description: Here within Lockheed Martin's Laser and Sensor Systems Business we are looking for an Electrical Engineer Staff to join our team. Lockheed Martin Laser and Sensor Systems delivers innovative laser solutions for the defense, aerospace, industrial, and scientific markets. Our group offers the stability and prestige of a fortune 100 company with the feel of a startup company and a very strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Due to the variety of the work products, the successful candidate will need a flexible and adaptable skillset, with a strong learning orientation and proven technical leadership ability. The candidate must also be familiar with embedded software/ firmware development, circuit card design using OrCAD and/or Zuken CR 8000, and capable of jointly developing technical baselines with hardware, software, systems, and optical IPT disciplines. The candidate must be familiar with lab integration activities and capable of supporting electro-optical integration hand-off and technical support roles with the optical integration team. Cable/interconnect experience with Zuken E3 is a plus.
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Locale: Bothell is a city located in the state of Washington in the Pacific Northwest. It is part of the Seattle metropolitan area. Bothell is home to Cascadia Community College and the University of Washington, Bothell.
Desired Skills: - Excels within a rapid development environment
- Experience transitioning emerging technologies to production
- Familiarity with Military Standards, ruggedized design, and environmental test requirements
- Proficient with OrCAD, Zuken CR 8000, Zuken E3 design tools
- Integrated Process Team (IPT) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience with successful product delivery
- Experience performing embedded system architecture development and performance calculations
- Experience with Rhapsody (SysML), DOORs, and other System Engineering tools
- Familiarity with analog design, power electronics design, RF design, or embedded software programming
- Willing to lead & travel to support customer meetings, technical tasks, or system installations, modifications, and testing
- Attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, ability to multitask, good organizational skills, computer literacy, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
The candidate will need a product development mindset, considered an emerging authority in their field. Basic qualifications include:
- Demonstrate autonomy in electrical design while contributing to the larger, broader picture of systems development.
- Demonstrate proficiency with electronic systems schematic interpretation, electrical circuit design, electrical cable design, equipment troubleshooting, and repair.
- Operation and use of standard test and measuring instruments.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and be self-motivated in performance of duties with limited supervision.
- Proven technical leader
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top