Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. This role offers an exciting opportunity to start your career with a top-tier employer known throughout the world for its engineering prowess, its game changing product offerings, and robust solutions.
The electrical engineer will assist in multi-functional product development for ruggedized military processing solutions, including FPGA, digital and analog circuit card design, electromagnetic interference testing, and platform system integration. In this role the engineer will collaborate with other engineering disciplines and program personnel, and will participate in cross functional six sigma style product or process improvement meetings. Keeping up-to-date on emerging technologies and tools will be encouraged.
The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-focused, team-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking.
This position is for the Advanced Integrated Products organization, which focuses on design, development qualification and integration of airborne avionics equipment. Core disciplines for this organization include Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for this exciting position.
The Locale: Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours' drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live. Owego is one of the "Coolest Small Towns" according to a contest that is running on www.budgettravel.com.
Desired Skills: - The candidate is expected to be a hands-on individual that desires to work with actual hardware
- Familiarity with PCB design and construction would be beneficial
- Familiarity with processor design & architecture
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written/verbal skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of analog circuits, design and analysis.
- Knowledge of PCB design and construction.
- Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DVMs, etc. is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment involving both manufacturing and the laboratory, have demonstrated ability to act independently, and demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top