Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Facilities Engineer at Lockheed Martin Space's Sunnyvale Campus in CA, you will provide engineering support to the Plant Operations & Services Organization. In this role your responsibilities may include:
Working with the Plant Engineering team to increase the reliability of the campus high voltage power distribution. Completion of site high voltage infrastructure survey. Assist with campus isolation switch design and implementation project. Work with the team in planning and creating electrical substation maintenance procedures.
• Provide a Plant Engineering solution by investigating requirements, writing Scope of Work (SOW), producing cost estimates and specifications on plant infrastructure systems
• Serve as a technical point of contact and maintenance support for project design reviews, construction support, system commissioning, and strategic infrastructure planning assessments
• Perform tasks related to overall management and operations of facilities, maintenance, and construction
• Support the repair, replacement or redesign of facilities and infrastructure equipment
• Provide technical review of documents in addition to technical support to the facilities and maintenance organization.
• Utilize engineering knowledge to assess current systems and provide engineering solutions to reduce risk and improve reliability and operational capabilities
• Support the Space Facilities Risk Management group providing root cause and corrective action support during risk incident investigations and reviews
• Coordinate with supporting entities representing Fire Safety, Environmental Safety & Health, Security, Quality Control Mission Success, Outside Vendors, Energy Management, etc.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college/university.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
• Microsoft Office Software experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
• Ability to work in dynamic/collaborative environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Knowledge of, or classroom experience with:
• Read/interpret engineering drawings
• Relevant building and construction codes/Standards
• Technical writing and communication skills
• Energy Management
• CAD software (AutoCAD or other drafting programs)
Back to top