Digitial Signal Processing Engineer II
Lockheed Martin C6ISR is looking for DSP engineers to support the development and testing of a advanced sonar systems for the DoD or International customers. This position would involve designing and implementing algorithms to characterize the signal environment and produce the desired effects. Position would also require the candidate to support the lab testing of the system.
• Participate in the design, analysis, and development of digital signal processing algorithms on contract or a mixture of contract and Independent Research & Development projects.
• Work with other engineers and with customers to perform requirements analysis/design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
• Support software engineering development to translate algorithm prototypes into optimized, production-quality code suitable for operational deployment.
• Contribute to the development of design documentation and other documentation artifacts.
• Become a Mentee to a senior engineer to facilitate guided learning on the job.
• Help win customer confidence through integrity, technical competency, effective communications, problem solving and capability demonstrations.
Bachelor'd degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics or Mathematics from an accredited University.
Minimum 3.0 GPA
Ability to obtain security clearance
• Familiarity and experience with Linux operating systems.
• Software development experience with a low-level language such as C or C++.
• Experience with common engineering lab and test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• A passion for engineering and technology development, and an ability to work and problem solve independently, with a minimum of oversight and direction.
• Solid understanding of Digital Signal Processing concepts: Transforms, sampling theory, filter design and implementation, equalization, common DSP operations (convolution, correlation, etc.), signal detection and estimation, etc.
• A high degree of proficiency implementing algorithms in a framework such as Matlab, Python, etc.
• A team player and capable of working in a fast-pasted, team environment.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Manassas Virginia
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top