Digital Transformation Infrastructure Lead
Description: This position is for the Future Enterprise Program (FEP) Infrastructure Lead, working for Lockheed Martin Enterprise Business Services (EBS) Infrastructure and International (I2) Technology Office. Position is responsible for executing the adoption of FEP activities and ensuring the alignment of capabilities to the appropriate parts of I2. The position will work with LM Corporate Engineering and Technology Office (CETO), Business Area leaders, I2 organizations, and technology stakeholders to deliver a cohesive, effective set of solutions through a clear strategy and service delivery plan. The position will lead a small, motivated team of engineers and architects who are focused on the design, development, and deployment of specific IT/OT, cloud, analytics, and digital transformation related technologies into the Lockheed Martin ecosystem to meet BA and Enterprise needs and requirements.
Individual will be part of the I2 Technology Office technical team and will be responsible for leading implementation efforts, participating in staff reviews, monthly operating reviews and other activities to ensure horizontal integration across the organization. You will interact with subject matter experts across EBS and the wider corporation who will be providing inputs on best practices, standards and risk items around their specific area of expertise (OS, Web, Network, Embedded Software, Messaging, Monitoring, Automation, etc...) as well as the application teams who are looking to leverage the capabilities fielded. Additionally, the qualified candidate would be expected to consume new concepts and technologies quickly, as well as be able to educate product managers and system owners on their applicability and usage and have previous experience leading development or infrastructure efforts. Must be willing to work flexible hours and be able to travel as required.
Lead Infrastructure and International Digital Transformation projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to LM and be a recognized expert in IT/OT design and implementation.
Direct engineering and operations in adoption of necessary infrastructure services in IT and OT production environments.
Champion the adoption and integration of disruptive technologies and frameworks into the Enterprise environment.
Provide a digital transformation service roadmap based on best of breed capabilities from multiple vendors.
Recommends deployment practices including networking, data access, isolation, and disaster recovery making best use of emerging capabilities.
Lead a working group made up of Enterprise and Business Area stakeholders to jointly develop and execute the Lockheed Martin digital transformation implementation strategy.
Establish effective communications and working relationships with the other components of EBS, Business Area (BA) IT leadership, Corporate Engineering and Technology Office (CETO), Enterprise and BA Applications teams, and Corporate information Security (CIS).
Stay abreast of emerging industry technology trends and threats to help proactively improve the technical and security position of Lockheed Martin and increase the efficiency of its manufacturing operations.
Establish a culture of enablement that can be observed in the interactions between internal staff and with users when working to achieve business needs.
Desired Skills: Previous experience working in service orientated technology organization
Comfortable with the concepts of DevOps and working in that capacity
Individual should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
Experience with Design Thinking and Test Driven Development practices
- IT Agile Project Management experience.
-Excellent consulting / relationship management skills. Ability to negotiate / mediate difficult, complex, and often politically charged issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills necessary for various audiences including executive management.
- Experience leading geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
- Data Quality and Analysis Skills. Ability to review data from multiple sources, understand it's meaning, determine trends and areas of concern.
- Priority & Time Management. Ability to stay on task and on schedule to deliver required reporting by multiple, non-flexible deadlines.
- Demonstrable knowledge with user story specification, complex project scoping, epic decomposition, project management, and resource planning.
- Experience interaction with Sr level management. Ability to positively influence people at a variety of levels; both internally and externally.
- Strong technical leadership
- Able to drive execution across multiple strategic technical initiatives
- Demonstrable experience working on complex programs, projects, and large cross-functional teams.
- Excellent understanding of operations facing technology and associated operational considerations
- Excellent understanding of Server, Networking, Storage design, optimization and integration to achieve application goals, process, system monitoring, performance KPI's, tuning, disaster recovery
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Focus on customers, ownership, operations and the ability to deliver results
- Strong quality assurance and process improvement experience - past operations, policy, and process development.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top