- Herndon, VA
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you an accomplished DevOps Engineer?
In this role you will:
• Utilize configuration management software (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
• Utilize deployment tools (e.g., Jenkins).
• Utilize external authentication methods (e.g., LDAP, Active Directory).
• Use data encryption within a secure environment.
• Utilize COTS/FOSS search engines (e.g., Elasticsearch, Splunk).
• Perform tasks in JIRA.
• Configure and develop in an AWS environment.
• Perform tasks with SQL.
• Perform Agile software development methodologies and participation on an Agile software or engineering team.
• Build application workflows with Apache NiFi.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience (within the last 10 years).
• Experience working with a Linux operating system and Bash shell scripts.
• Experience with Python, Java, or Ruby software development.
• Experience with FOSS/COTS integration.
• Experience working within a virtualized infrastructure (e.g., VMware, AWS, Proxmox, Google Cloud Platform).
• Experience with customers DevOps tools such as Github.
• Experience working with PKI certificates, encryption protocols, SSL/TLS.
• Experience with data exchange formats including JSON and XML.
• Experience preparing required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
• Experience communicating with both and non- individuals and working on a team.
• Understanding of data transfer protocols such as FTP, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, QUIC
• Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering solutions to the field.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top