Design Support Engineer - Syracuse, NY
Description: Lockheed Martin Rotary and Missions Systems is seeking a Design Engineer to assist the hardware product engineering team in the development of complex radar, electronic warfare and undersea systems.
Will be responsible for providing technical support to both electrical and mechanical engineers performing a diverse array of tasks. Will gather, maintain and compile technical data, including but not limited to engineering analysis, laboratory test results, bill of materials, and engineering design changes. Will be responsible for completing tasking assigned by experienced design engineers, supporting the compilation of data and performing preliminary analysis when provided with sufficient guidance. Will be able to analyze data and draw conclusions based on statistical analysis and observations of trends. Will create charts, viewgraphs and block diagrams as required to effectively communicate the data being analyzed.
Will have strong organizational skills and need to be able to do research to identify candidate suppliers and components based on required performance requirements. Will interface with both internal and external engineers and be able to collect data to facilitate trade studies. Will need to work well in a collaborative environment and be willing to contribute in a technical capacity, asking questions to ensure they clearly understand their objectives.
Desired Skills: • Active US Secret security clearance or higher
• Strong Mathematical background with experience analyzing and interpreting data
• Familiarity with configuration management tools and methodologies
• Familiarity with working with electronics systems
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Good Interpersonal Skills and able to work in collaborative team environments
• Developed written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance
• Ability to work with productivity applications, including Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Microsoft Excel
• Ability to read and interpret requirements documents, schematics, drawings and other engineering documentation
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top