Design Engineer Sr
Description: At Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Design Engineer to perform Design Checking in support of Air & Ground Training and Maintenance Training Devices.
• Model validation in support of Model-Centric Data Set Rating (DSR) 1-3, with a goal of more future Model Centric Rating (DSR 4-6).
• Examine engineering drawings and documentation for accuracy, completeness, and sound design to prescribed standards and contractual requirements.
• Interpret applicable drawing standard requirements and assess the quality of the technical backup data
• Investigate errors and recommend solutions.
• Collaborate with drafters, designers and engineers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Checking mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies, sheet metal, circuit cards and wiring harness designs for correctness and completeness.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings and be able to visualize items in a three-dimensional space.
• Proficiency performing detailed tolerance studies and dimensional fits and clearances on assemblies along with material requirements and weld notes.
• Consider pertinent design factors such as thermal, human factors, manufacturability, supportability, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, and cost.
• Suggest design changes in the course of checking where simplicity, functionalism, and cost saving in design can be achieved.
• Interpret and apply relevant design policies and procedures.
• Check new and revised drawings, models, and change notices to assure compliance with current standards.
Desired Skills: • Manufacturing or shop experience with an understanding of design producability.
• Human factors design.
• Creo (Pro/E) tool experience.
• Product Data Management (Windchill).
• Familiarity with the latest engineering technology in the relevant field.
Bachelor of Science degree with 10 years of related experience or equivalent combined experience/ education.
• Functional area knowledge in design of products; knowledgeable about relevant documentation, engineering, and manufacturing procedures.
• Proficient applying GD&T, ASME Y14.5.
• Proficient checking ASME Y14.100 Engineering Drawings.
• Proficient checking MIL-STD-31000 Technical Data Packages.
• Demonstrated proficiency in 3D CAD modeling.
• Ability to solve complex technical design/development problems.
• Microsoft Office Proficient.
• Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top