Description: This is a position within the Release Management, Delivery Support Team for the E2 Program. The position supports Echelon 2 maintenance for an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Program.
The Delivery Support Team is responsible for the promotion phase within the baseline life cycle. They are the project leads for the promotion of custom Software baselines, COTS, and Hardware to multiple locations to include support/test systems and the operational system. They perform audits of baseline content, research and resolve inconsistencies from the audits, maintain the release content documentation, customize the detailed promotion installation checklist, conduct the execution of the promotion checklist during the baseline promotions, brief status to Management and Customers, lead the lessons learned and best practices process for the baseline promotion phase, maintains the team's process and procedure documentation, and maintains promotion metrics.
This position performs other related duties and assignments as required. At times the candidate may be assigned to support the development facility to assist with the preparations for the baseline promotion phase. After hours response to a pager will be required on a rotating basis. Working non-standard shifts will be required infrequently to support periodic system promotion activities.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Desired Skills: Professional experience in the following areas:
- Worked on large, mature programs with both development and maintenance efforts ongoing in parallel
- Have experience with complex program planning where a multitude of resources are all contributing to the final product
- A thorough understanding of Software lifecycles
- A working understanding of Software/Hardware/COTS Configuration Management (CM) methodologies
- User level knowledge of COTS Configuration Management tool(s)
- Experience with Agile type development programs
- UNIX/Linux command line level knowledge
- Project Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adjust to a variety of audiences
- Must be able to facilitate meetings with diverse stakeholders
- Good presentation skills: Must be able to present clearly and concisely on a weekly basis to upper management and customers
- Able to work independently, within a team or lead a team
- Microsoft Office skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top