- Herndon, VA
Description:This position is participating in our External Referral Program. If you know somebody who may be a fit, click here to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, you'll receive a $3000 payment!
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Cyber is a crucial element of Lockheed Martin Space's strategy for growth as these skillsets have become essential to meeting customer and internal needs. In support of new programs, our Cyber Exploitation teams are building capabilities and specialized tools and techniques. We are increasing focus and emphasis on our customers' hardest problems, including challenges unique to the area of cyber security tools and integrated effects.
In this role, you will:
• Maintain data repositories.
• Manage, monitor, and administer database system and performance activities.
• Plan for transition of the development and/or production environments to new technologies.
• Install upgrades and critical patch updates as they become available on both the test and production environments.
• Support database development and implementation by participating in pilot testing and providing information on changes required in the database.
• Ensure that proposed object definitions are clear, concise, and technical correct, and that they represent singular concepts.
• Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
• Test all database changes in the test environment prior to deploying the changes to the production environment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience (within the last 10 years) in database engineering.
• Experience in the design, engineering and application of Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) to enable single sign-on access to multi-tenant environments, systems and applications.
• Experience in installation, configuration, securing, performance analysis, tuning, use and database model implementation.
• Experience with clustered databases such as Oracle Rac and Data Guard.
• Experience with MySQL.
• Completed degree in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
• Demonstrated experience with Hadoop, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Hbase.
• Understanding of Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) policies such as ICD to ensure system security and data integrity.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Master's degree or higher in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
• Professional Oracle Database certification.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top