Database Developer Asc
- Stratford, CT
Description:This position within the APA Innovations Analytics team will be responsible for the design, development and testing of databases for software applications focusing on machine data collected from fleets of complex machines. They will work within a software development team and with DBAs, Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Engineering Subject Matter Experts as a database consultant in support of developing new databases or enhancing existing databases.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Data Science, or similar technical field or equivalent experience
- 0 to 5 years of writing complex SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- 0 to 5 years in database design and gathering database requirements
- 0 to 5 years developing and testing stored procedures, table views, triggers, etc.
- 0 to 5 years importing, merging and exporting data via ETL processes, CSV files, etc.
- Familiarity with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle including source code control and agile development techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain the trade-offs between possible data management solutions
- Extremely good problem solving and organizational skills
- Passion for learning new technologies that create better solutions
- US Person
- Familiarity with HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB or other No-SQL solutions
- Familiarity with Java
- Familiarity with Python
Back to top