Data Flow Engineer
- Herndon, VA
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you an accomplished Data Flow Engineer?
In this role you will:
•Design, implement, document and maintain data acquisition and delivery using Apache Nifi and custom data processing tools.
•Write Java utilities and Linux shell scripts for system operation and for interfacing with external .
•Use ElasticSearch to ingest application accounting messages and write queries for Kibana dashboards and email altering.
•Operate, monitor and troubleshoot hosts and applications across networks of virtual hosts (Linux and Windows).
•Manage PKI certificates with Keytool and OpenSSL and manage encryption keys with GPG.
•Manage workload in Jira and document in Confluence.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Minimum of 3 years experience (within the last 5 years) in data flow operations.
• Experience operating Linux with the ability to navigate and execute common Linux/Bash commands.
• Understanding of networking concepts including VPN, DNS, masking, NAT, Cisco Switches, firewalls, and gateways.
• Experience operating and troubleshooting VPN software.
• Understanding of network engineering concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SFTP.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering solutions to the field
• Demonstrated experience developing secure communications, data exfiltration or other telecommunications technologies
• Demonstrated experience using Amazon Web Services
• Demonstrated experience using Nifi
• Demonstrated experience using cross domain services
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top