- Herndon, VA
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Herndon, VA?
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Cyber is an essential element of Space's strategy for growth as these skill-sets have become essential to meeting customer and internal needs. In support of new programs, our Cyber Exploitation teams are building capabilities and specialized tools and techniques. We are increasing focus and emphasis on our customer's hardest problems, including challenges unique to the of cyber security tools and integrated effects.
We are looking for mid- to senior-level Data Engineers who will support our product with insights gained from analyzing customer data. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing the following tasks:
• Test-driven development in using the appropriate data storage and access solutions, using the most efficient languages for the task, e.g. Java, Python and/or SQL
• Implementing multi-processing algorithms to parallelize ingest operations.
• Execute operating system level scripts for production data load routines.
• Analyze new large volume data collections looking for opportunities to optimize the data ingest processes.
• Develop software tools that efficiently preprocess, modify, aggregate, load, index, and archive large data collections.
• Generate metrics that track data ingest statistics to ensure data integrity and pedigrees are maintained.
This position is contingent upon contract award and funding, pending an estimated award date of Winter 2020/Spring 2021
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Proficiency with languages/tools such as SQL, Python, R, and Git.
• Experience with cleaning, management, optimizing performance and processing large volumes of data.
• Familiarity with industry best-practices for software-hardware optimization when processing large sets of data.
- Experience with storage/computing processes such as Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with machine learning, with statistical modeling and time-series forecasting
Thorough/Working knowledge of some of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, C/C++, Git Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands.
-Thorough/Working knowledge of research designs.
-Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities and tasking process.
-Familiarity with project management concepts and principles.
-Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems.
-Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top