Cyber Research Scientist/ Remote
- Orlando, FL
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a cyber security trail blazer to develop the next generation of cyber technologies and shape the future of the global security business. This position will support Missile and Fire Control (MFC) Cyber Advanced Programs as a Cyber Architect Senior Staff and Research Principal Investigator. The ideal candidate is an emerging cyber security subject matter expert with strong software, systems, and microelectronics security technical acumen. Candidates should be experienced in the Research and Development (R&D) of advanced cyber capabilities and technologies for Contract Research and Development (CRAD), Internal Research and Development (IRAD), and Department of Defense (DoD) programs.
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. We deliver full-spectrum cyber capabilities and cyber resilient systems to our defense, intelligence community, and global security customers. Lockheed Martin is inspired by their missions and dedicated to helping governments and militaries around the world protect their platforms, systems, networks, and data.
Daily activities include: performing advanced R&D on cyber programs, technology development/implementation, assessing threats/vulnerabilities, leading technical teams, writing technical white papers/proposals, and supporting customer needs (meetings, calls, emails, demonstrations, etc.). In this role, you will demonstrate a strong ability to work across organizational boundaries and jurisdictions and lead cross-discipline teams in the development of cyber solutions. A successful candidate will work effectively throughout the Lockheed Martin organization.
Lockheed Martin has a world class benefits package and a Flex 4/10 work schedule where you would have every Friday off!
Work Location: It is strongly preferred that the candidate be able to work at the Orlando, FL facility on Sand Lake Road or the Grand Prairie, TX facility on W. Marshall Dr. However full-time telecommuters will be considered.
• A cyber subject matter expert with advanced systems, software, and security engineering skillsets. Cyber technical experience with embedded systems/software/firmware. Hardware trust and assurance experience for secure processing and microelectronics.
• Demonstrated experience of advanced cyber research and development projects
• Capable to see and understand emerging cyber technology and market trends
• Cyber R&D project leadership and strategic thinking skills - understands the "big picture" analysis from cyber technological and business case perspectives
• Team player - Effective at organizing and motivating a diverse set of individuals to act as "one" in the pursuit of common objectives. Ability to build effective customer and partner relationships
• Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
• Independent worker
• Active secret clearance or higher
•Government Contract Research and Development (CRAD) experience with Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Office of Naval Research (ONR), Army Research Lab (ARL), Intelligence Community (IC), and Classified customers
• Current knowledge of cyber Department of Defense (DoD) S&T (Science & Technologies) environment and acquisition process; ideally experienced in systems/software security technology development and implementation on Government programs.
• Cyber R&D experience. Experienced with cyber technology development in DoD lifecycles; ideally from early concept/vulnerability identification, thru development/prototyping, and then the integration into customer product lines and core businesses.
• Excellent verbal and written skills necessary to clearly articulate technology development and market entry strategies to both internal and external organizations
• A proven record of demonstrated skills in identifying of cyber needs, working with R&D customers/partners to shape requirements, and developing advanced cyber systems for DoD customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top