Cyber Intel Analyst Mgr
Description: Lockheed Martin is in search of a proven leader with cyber security expertise to lead a globally dispersed team of intelligence analysts with the mission of defending the enterprise's computer networks and reputational integrity, as well as providing thought leadership to the cyber security community. Lockheed Martin is a global aerospace, defense, security, and advanced technologies company with global interests. As the world's largest defense contractor its computing environment stretches to every continent and houses cutting edge intellectual property.
The leader that fills this key position within Lockheed Martin's Computer Incident Response Team (LM-CIRT) will manage the Computer Network Defense Mission Task Area for Analysis and Response. This position is accountable for defending the enterprise against network intrusion activity originating from criminal and nation state adversaries. It is focused on ensuring effective execution of operational workflows, analytical completeness, enhancing tradecraft, and implementing resilient countermeasures.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Effectively coordinate across Mission Task Areas to establish agreed to priorities, properly allocate resources, and create accountability to deliver results
• Daily oversight of intrusion analysis and response activities
• Ongoing Security Information and Event Management ticket prioritization and tasking
• Directing actions in response to security events and network activity
• Computer network defense incident response
• Driving efficiencies into operational workflows
• Oversight of knowledge management practices and analytical completeness
• Ensuring close loop remediation and hardening across the enterprise
• Advanced Threat Campaign Development
• Engage with the external cyber community to build collaborative relationships and drive thought leadership
• Delivering resilient detections and countermeasures to stay ahead of the adversary and protect the enterprise computing environment
• Provide metrics for operational effectiveness and efficiency in order to drive investment and staffing decisions
• Consistent and effective communication across the organization and at all levels of leadership and contributors
• Making and driving balanced risked based decisions across the enterprise
• Managing priorities and workloads with established accountability to deliverables
• Enable the workforce through mentoring, skill development, and empowerment
• Coordinating resource priorities and workloads across teams with alignment to tactical and strategic objectives
LM-CIRT consists of a geographically dispersed global workforce serving mission excellence from four strategically located Security Intelligence Centers (SIC). The members of LM-CIRT include a combination of analysts and technologists with varying backgrounds and specialties practicing the core tenants of Intelligence Drive Defense (IDD). CIRT's mission is governed by core principles including IDD, advanced counter measures, agile development of custom technologies, empowerment, situational awareness, and cross industry collaboration.
Lockheed Martin sets the global standard in enterprise cyber security. The ideal candidate for this position is mission oriented with proven experience leading highly effective global teams, subject matter expertise in cyber security, and passion for innovation and collaboration.
Desired Skills: • Experience with SPLUNK Enterprise and Enterprise Security (ES)
• Experience researching and developing host and network-based security technologies, machine learning algorithms, and detection methods
• Experience creating customized security log analysis and detection capabilities using programming and development expertise, including Java, Python, Shell scripting, and regular expression
• Knowledge of DoD SCIF, lab, and network security policies and protocols
• Proficient in Program Management Core Body of Knowledge
• Proficient in System Development Lifecycle Methodologies
• Systems engineering and architecture experience
• Experience with executive level interaction
• Demonstrated commitment to outstanding customer service
• Current active TS/SCI access
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
• Proven experience leading highly effective global teams
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
• 6 to 8 years of computer network defense experience
• 3 to 5 years of proven leadership experience
• Working technical knowledge of computer network environments
• Demonstrated background in computer network defense tools, processes, and tradecraft with knowledge in a broad spectrum of technologies including tap and aggregation, intrusion detection systems, security information and event management, and forensic tools confirmed by related work experience
• Demonstrated thought leadership in the field of cyber security with the ability to deliver innovative solutions
• Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills
• Deep understanding of business acumen and adherence to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct
• Demonstrated effective organizational and team building skills
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing tactical objectives and strategic goals
• Demonstrated ability to build and foster collaborative team environments
• Proven ability to build effective relationships
• Comfortable working in large corporate environments
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top