Cyber Event Designer
Description: The National Cyber Range program has an immediate need for a Cyber Security Training Event Designer. The selected candidate will be an expert designer of realistic cyber training environments necessary to meet the cyber training objectives of Cyber Mission Forces (CMF) across all branches of service. The Cyber Security Training Event Designer will have proven ability to design cyber environments, skilled at assessing training objectives and the ability to work with training customers to scope their training events to the capabilities provided by the NCR. The Cyber Security Training Event Designer will support the end users and sponsors during the test events, providing clear and concise technical leadership to the supporting engineering teams to ensure smooth and effective cyber training. The selected candidate must be able to independently work with end users and customers, inferring and deriving cyber environment requirements, training requirements, and then communicating these requirements to the event staff which will build-out required environments. The Event Designer is expected to engage with customer and build relationships and provide valuable training capabilities for operators and the warfighter. Willingness to travel to customer sites and the ability to obtain and maintain a TS//SCI level clearance is required.
Candidate must have extensive knowledge and/or direct experience in the following:
• Expert designer of realistic cyber environments to meet training cyber objectives
• Proven ability to design cyber training events, skilled at decomposing training objectives and MSELs into computer systems and network design features.
• Experienced at conducting cyber exercises, working through the planning process and coordinating with end users, event sponsors and partner infrastructure providers in a collaborative fashion to ultimately provide realistic cyber training environments that meets customer needs.
• Must be able to independently work with end users and customers, inferring cyber environment requirements and resulting design documents and then communicating and leading the buildout of the desired networks.
• Willingness to travel to customer sites; approximately 50-75% travel.
• Support the end users and sponsors during the training events, providing clear and concise technical leadership to the supporting engineering teams to ensure smooth and effective cyber testing and training.
• Experienced in defensive and offensive cyber Tactics, Techniques and Procedures.
• Ability to build and assess network and software systems architectures.
• Understanding and appropriate application of network sensors and traffic generation tools as applied toward training cyber environments
• Experience working with US CYBERCOM and other DoD cyber training organizations.
• Candidates must be able to acquire and maintain a TS/SCI clearance, and an in-scope TS/SCI clearance is highly desirable.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top