Cost Engineer & Affordability Analytics
Description: This role sits in the intersection of Engineering, Economics, Risk, Finance, Strategy. You will analyze past data to predict future pathways and will communicate results with Engineering, internal decision makers (like directors & VPs) and customer decision makers. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Apply experience in estimating, affordability, life cycle cost modeling, parametric analysis, cost risk analysis, and proposal development for total systems to design and implement a cost strategy that has significant cost and schedule savings while still delivering a quality product
• Effectively support frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customers and industry peers at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts
• Conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations
• Ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget
Desired Skills: • Knowledge of proposal deliverables
• Knowledge of advanced Excel, pivot tables, data analytics
• Experience in estimating, affordability or parametric cost modeling tools, techniques, methods and processes
• Has an understanding of customer agency and mission area
• BS degree in Math, Operations Research, Engineering, or related field
• Background in Math and Statistics
• Track record of ensuring that projects are completed on schedule and within budget
• Proposal experience required
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work calmly and professionally in high-demand environments
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top