- Titusville, FL
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Titusville, FL?
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Fleet Ballistic Missiles (FBM) is experiencing growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual come and be a part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile program. We are helping the Navy's mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
Interested in joining us as a Contracts Negotiator, Senior? If so, your primary functions and responsibility of this position is to provide contracts expertise and leadership as part of the Strategic and Missile Defense Line of Business, Fleet Ballistic Missile Program. You will serve as the advisor to the Senior Contracts and Program management teams on Government contracting issues.
In this position you will work with minimal daily direction and take initiative to achieve results in this focused, fast paced and dynamic contracting environment requiring ability to envision solutions to resolve issues correctly. You should possess a strong ability to work and communicate with all project partners on a recurring basis. You will play a key role in shaping the future of Lockheed Martin through gaining follow-on and new business as well as developing leaders within the organization. You should be a collaborative strategy focused negotiator with an understanding of how negotiation strategy impacts both Lockheed Martin and the customer.
IN THIS ROLE:
• You will coordinate and consult with legal staff as appropriate.
• You will focus on leading organizational functions to meet critical schedules, resolve critical/complex technical or operational problems.
• You will oversee the evaluation of contract performance to figure out necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
• You will ensure communications are maintained for timely contract execution by the parties.
• You will ensure final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
• You will brief management on program status and contractual issues.
Some travel will be required.
If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and be required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
href=https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits>Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent 6 years of experience within filed may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration, and close-out
• Experience in Aerospace, Defense, or similar industry
• Experience administering and negotiating a variety of contracts such as fixed price type (FFP, FPIF) and cost type contracts (CPFF, CPIF), or other Government contract types
• You will need to obtain a Secret clearance, thus US Citizenship is required
• Experience with FAR and DFARS
• Self-motivated, proactive, highly driven, focused individual
• Works well in a team environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top