Contract Administrator/Early Career
- Shelton, CT
Description:At Sikorsky - Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems we are driven by innovation and integrity. Applying the highest standards of business ethics ad visionary thinking is within your reach as a Lockheed Martin employee. We value your skills, training, and education.
This is a great opportunity to serve an important mission supporting the CH-53K Heavy Lift Helicopter Program. Many challenges and opportunities lay ahead as both Sikorsky and the USG move forward on development, production, and sustainment of a world class military platform.
Our Contracts team needs people with strong business acumen and a desire to grow and develop their career within contracts/business management.
The selected candidate will direct all contract administration activities from receipt of Request for Proposal through contract closeout. Responsibilities include:
• Represent Sikorsky as the primary customer contact and interact with senior internal and external personnel on key contract related issues
• Examine performance requirements for identification of unacceptable risk and recommendations to mitigate that risk
• Support the development of, and adherence to, operating plan goals for sales, orders, EBIT and RoS
• Interpret contract terms and conditions
• Collaboratively work with associated functional organizations to ensure conformance with obligations, remain cognizant of problem areas, and implement required resolutions
• Administer contract by ensuring timely input of current and accurate data within various company databases and models
This position is a part of the Early Career Development Program (ECDP) within the Finance and Business Operations (F&BO) function. The program is approximately 2.5 to 3 years in duration (may vary based on employee's start date), and typically consists of a rotational experience, formal mentor and 'buddy' programs, and a standardized training curriculum; all of which are designed to provide a broad background in various facets of F&BO at Lockheed.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Must be proficient at Microsoft Office especially Excel and Power Point. Analytical thinking, risk analysis, and problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand and apply core financial and business concepts.
Experience with contract vehicles and prior interface with USG acquisition offices. Experience with various forms of USG contracts and Federal Acquisition Regulations
Back to top