Component Engineer Associate
Description:Conducts or participates in the research, design, development, and testing of COTS or custom computing hardware and/or other electrical components. Develops designs for the installation of components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets,workstations, customer facilities, and/or shelters. Plans, directs, reviews and coordinates preparation of project documentation to ensure customer contract and company requirements are met. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Engineering Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related background, or field of study.
• Formal coursework, training, and/or experience in the design, analysis, and/or construction of electrical components and circuits.
• Familiarity with electronics and/or semiconductor physics and operation of devices such as integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors is highly desired.
• Specific expertise in active and passive EEE (Electrical, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical) parts.
• Ability to multi-task, handle shifting priorities and timeline pressure to meet project deadlines.
• Knowledge of engineering specification requirements and interpretations is desirable.
• Working knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical design, production/manufacturing, materials and processes is a plus.
• Must be able to work well virtually with other sites.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and SharePoint is highly desired.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Strong writing, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Back to top