Component Engineer / Aerospace / Orlando, FL
- Orlando, FL
Description:At Lockheed Martin, you'll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you'll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Candidate will be responsible for assisting Electrical and ElectroMechanical Design Engineers in selecting parts for new designs and design updates, component failure analyses, locating sources for parts required to support production lines and logistics, and providing support to Supplier Quality on problems with parts during receiving inspection and production.
In addition, the candidate will perform detailed part level obsolescence studies including generating Scientific and Technical Reports for Obsolescence Mitigation and Management Plan, Parts, Materials, and Processes (PMP) Risk Mitigation Strategy, Plastic Microcircuit Listing, formation of Parts Management Plans and delivering Source Data for Forecasting DMSMS Program Results for customer obsolescence review.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld. Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
- Prior experience in Component Engineering.
- Must be proficient with computer tools such as MS Excel.
- Should be comfortable working in a team environment and willing to shadow Senior Components Engineer at the start of the assignment to develop the necessary skills for this position. Also must be able to learn task specific tools such as Q-Star, Partminer and web based obsolescence tools.
- Must have good communication skills and able to effectively work with manufacturers and other external part suppliers.
- Experience in Components Engineering with broad knowledge of electronic components and devices.
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering experience (such as components or digital/analog design).
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. Must be proficient with computer tools such as Access.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top