College Student Tech Sr
Description:Assist flight test instrumentation engineers to acquire data in accordance with flight test program needs. Responsibilities include supporting the build, installation, maintenance, and upgrades to airborne data acquisition systems on rotor wing aircraft. The successful candidate will also work on non-flight test engineering assignments.
Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering from an accredited college.
Strong math skills required
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
• Preferably at least 3 semesters of BS EE completed at the time of internship.
• Familiar with data acquisition systems
• Basic understanding of sensors such as Thermocouples, pressure transducers, strain gauges and accelerometers.
• Strong Computer skills: WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, MS Project is required
• Experience with electronic test equipment such as multi meters, and oscilloscopes
• Ability to work on flight test aircraft in a hanger environment
Back to top