Cloud Solutions Architect
- Herndon, VA
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, and we'll build a better tomorrow with you!
This position is part of a team that focuses on research and development within the cyber engineering field, investigating and exploiting the newest technological advances to solve complex problems. A successful candidate will be engaging, proactive, supremely detail oriented, and willing to go the extra mile for both internal and external customers.
Our group works in close collaboration with its customers throughout the entire development life-cycle. The work environment is reminiscent of a start-up and values innovation, creativity, and teamwork. Curiosity and determination complement this team very well and enable the most creative solutions.
In this role, you will work to enable innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks, with deep hands on skills. You will build cloud infrastructures, provide prescriptive , and develop solutions across network, storage, operating , databases, Cloud Management Platforms, and mid-tier technologies that include application integration and security.
Position is contingent upon program award expected late 2020 or early 2021.
- Knowledge of traditional network architecture such as IP addressing, subnetting, routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Solid grasp of DevOps principles and experience working with teams to implement automation and continuous integration.
- Experience in Cloud adoption and migration strategies and implementations.
- Highly innovative and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong break/fix capability; troubleshooting, deployment, configuration, and maintenance skillset.
- Professional level certification in a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Implemented a DevOps strategy in an agile/scrum environment.
- Previous network administration experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations).
- Strong experience with Linux and Windows operating .
- Familiarity with VMWare or other virtualization platform environment.
- Familiarity with modern containerization and orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Previous experience with configuring and supporting continuous integration and continuous deployment environments (Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins).
- Ability to establish requirements and automation for routine maintenance.
- Performs research on best practices for emerging tools and cloud technologies.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top