Cloud Software Engineer
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Description:As a cybersecurity professional at Lockheed Martin Cyber & Intelligence, you'll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Financial assets. Healthcare information. Critical infrastructure. Hazardous materials. The uninterrupted flow of energy that keeps modern life moving. Here, you'll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat protection and proactive prevention. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you'll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the resources of Lockheed Martin to keep the threats at bay.
Analyzes user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
Designs and codes new software or modifies existing software to add new features
Debugs existing software and corrects defects
Integrates existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
Develops simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standard
Eight (8) years' experience software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
In addition, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university or Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelor's degree. Master's in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience. Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
Cloud Software Engineer shall be able to perform the following indicated tasks:
• Provide in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval: assisting the software development team in designing, developing and testing Cloud Information Retrieval.
• Implement complex workflows that manage Cloud MapReduce analytics.
• Implement code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
• Oversee one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular-project.
• Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
The following Cloud related qualifications are required:
• Two (2) years of Cloud and/or distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
• One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Big Table.
• One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Distributed File System.
• One (1) year of experience with implementing complex MapReduce analytics.
• One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
The following technical certifications or equivalent are preferred:
• Sun/Oracle Certified Java Developer
• Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer
• Spring Source Spring Certified Developer
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top