Classified Cybersecurity Staff (ISSO)
- Huntsville, AL
Description:This position requires a Final Secret clearance with a background investigation within 6 years.
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world's most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with perfection and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Classified Cybersecurity Staff (ISSO) in Huntsville, AL will:
- Ensure compliance to governing documents and security policies and assist in regulatory periodic assessments.
- Implement and test state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database solutions.
- Stay current with system vulnerabilities and provides current security training to all system users.
- Perform system and program auditing to ensure compliance to system security plan.
- Conduct risk assessments and provides recommendations for secure implementation and compliance in accordance with government regulations and information assurance/cybersecurity guidelines.
- Create, maintain and submit information system security documents and reports to regulatory agencies and leadership.
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Validate system security requirements definition and analysis.
- Establish system security documentation.
- Assist with the implementation of security procedures.
- Verify information system security requirements.
- Perform information system certification and accreditation planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities.
- Apply information assurance / cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural/risk based framework. Provide architectural / risk based analysis of information assurance / cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends and requirements.
Candidates will typically have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 9 years of professional experience. This position is considered an emerging authority.
This position is contingent upon contract award in late 2020.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
- Final Secret clearance with a background investigation within 6 years.
- Overall knowledge of Information Systems Security and ISSO duties, working knowledge of system administration and network administration.
- Windows client/server background.
- Some UNIX/LINUX technical experience.
- Experience with OS security requirements and auditing.
- Familiar with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and using eMASS.
- Experience with ACAS (Nessus) and HBSS/ESS (McAfee products)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (i.e., Security+).
- Working knowledge of Splunk, classified defense contracts, writing RMF System Security Plans.
- Independently able to use eMass.
- DoD 8570 IAT/IAM Level III Certification (i.e., CISSP, CASP, CISM).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top