Chief of Test - US Navy Programs
- Stratford, CT
Description:The US Navy Programs Chief of Test (COT) reports directly to the Chief of Test Manager with matrix reporting to the Chief Engineers on the US Navy programs such as CH-53K. The candidate will be directly involved in the definition and execution of all Flight and Ground test activities related to each assigned US Navy program. Responsibilities include technical, schedule, and financial management of all test related activities as well as Test Engineering CAM ownership.
The COT will also be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
• Detailed ground and flight test planning and tracking utilizing Sikorsky Aircraft Earned Value Management System tools.
• Working with engineering design and test functional team organizations to establish test requirements, budgets and execution plans.
• Direct management and support of test engineering proposal preparation, Statement of Work (SOW) development and budget negotiations.
• Along with functional peers, ensure needed staffing is in place.
• Lead all aspects of company tests at Sikorsky or remote test facilities and using earned value to meet or exceed cost and schedule targets, contractual obligations and company objectives.
• Coordination of all test activities and documentation required to achieve qualification and certification with the appropriate airworthiness authorities and Sikorsky Engineering.
• Establishing oneself as the direct interface with the internal and external customer as the single Sikorsky Aircraft Test Engineering representative. Ensure clear and regular communication between the Test Engineering Team and the internal/external customers.
• Strong interpersonal skills are crucial to influence management team and customer on the role of Test Engineering and establish alignment among the stakeholders.
• Ensure SOW compliance as well as compliance with safety practices and company policies.
B.S. (required) or M.S. (preferred) in Engineering.
Preferred candidate will have 9 years of experience in Aerospace Engineering disciplines with 7 years in rotorcraft development and Flight Test experience.
Thorough understanding of both the technical and business aspects of rotorcraft industry and test engineering, as well as certification / procurement processes. Preferred candidate will also have excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral) to support substantial customer interface needs and negotiation activities. Familiarity with military rotorcraft flight operations is desired. Military background is helpful. Skills in analytical thinking and problem solving are also required. Familiarity with avionics system test is a plus.
Additional Comments: The test efforts are conducted in Stratford CT, Jupiter, FL and at various suppliers. The candidate must be flexible and willing to travel as necessary to support customer requirements and testing at various locations. Travel will vary based on need from ~5% during test planning/preparations phases and may increase to 25% during flight test execution phase when necessary.
The job involves significant teamwork and coordination with a variety of engineering disciplines and customer representatives. Personal commitment and flexibility are required to support potentially unusual working hours and travel.
An MBA or other business background is strongly desired.
Current DoD security clearance is desirable.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top