Business Development Capture Manager (Senior Staff)
Description: As a Commercial Space Capture Manager, the ideal candidate will be required to draw on their past experience across a spectrum of new business captures to effectively perform the following functions:
- Cohesively collaborate with Commercial Sales team, Lockheed Martin International representatives, and in-country consultants to help identify, filter, mature, and formulate strategies for international opportunities.
- Foster and maintain customer relationships, and regularly interface with them to shape and win new business.
- Support efforts to expand the corporation's footprint in non-traditional satellite sales market (i.e. LM500x).
- Develop winning campaign plans for multiple opportunities from early shaping phase to proposal submittal through negotiations/program transition.
- Design, development, and delivery of compliant, customer-focused, highly competitive $100M+ type of proposal efforts, as well as, Request for Information (RFI) efforts.
- Incorporate best practices and key lessons learned from past Commercial Space proposals.
- Scope, request, and manage proposal budgets and continue to look for proposal process efficiencies to maximize annual internal funding.
- Build project plans to effectively lead cross-functional proposal teams and associated budgets.
- Write, rewrite and/or edit proposals and other technical customer marketing material.
- Lead and/or participate in capture review teams such as Customer Value Propositions, Back Hats, Gold, Pink, and Red Team Reviews.
- Understand Price-To-Win and commercial competitive landscape.
- Perform position-to-win analysis, develop pricing targets, and drive proposal team to them.
- Effectively socialize and negotiate Make/Buy plans to a wide range of audiences.
- Create presentations to effectively communicate campaign strategies to all levels of the organization including Executive VPs, LOB VPs, and Functional Directors.
- Hire, interface with, and manage international consultants to enhance our customer relationships to meet emerging business needs
This position requires a can-do, proactive, tenacious attitude. International travel, as required.
Desired Skills: • Ability to represent compelling differentiation through pinpointing value added opportunities to meet client needs.
• Comprehensive business development skills including customer/opportunity management
• Knowledge of Commercial Space industry and customer base
• Both domestic and International capture experience
• Familiarity of commercial competitive landscape
• Familiarity with Satellite Communications technologies (i.e. Digital Processing, Electronically Steered Arrays, Ground/Networking concepts)
• Hands-on commercial program experience
• TS/SCI Clearance to collaborate across business units to push commercial products
Language Skills including but not limited to French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Arabic, Chinese
• 10+ years of industry experience
• 5+ years of related Capture Manager experience/knowledge
• Strong presentation, written, and negotiation skills
• Significant capture experience on a variety of opportunities including a relevant mix of program types, complexities, products, technologies and customers
• Ability to convey complex, technical information effectively and succinctly in written form.
• Must be able to interpret, paraphrase and rewrite engineering source data into a form suitable for the customer
• Extensive experience in developing key proposal messages, understanding technical program content, and transforming ideas/messages into high-quality visuals and compelling messaging
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time and with short notice
• Must be able to work varying schedule with high levels of overtime as driven by proposal demands (e.g., overtime hours on nights and weekends)
• Ability to obtain and maintain cooperative relationships with peers. Candidate must also possess good interpersonal skills (both for written and oral communications); and be capable of working independently or as part of a team
• Must be able to hold up under intense scrutiny by customers and stay positive, with Can-Do attitude
• Ability to organize effectively, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and complete tasks on time without daily supervision
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top