Business Development Analyst
Description: The selected candidate will join Military Space line of business in their Space Protection Programs group.
-Evaluates and reviews consumer research, point-of-sale and syndicated data.
-Reports findings for major marketing, distribution, and manufacturing proposals and their impact on the sales function.
-Participates in the central development and implementation of new products, re-launches, new business building programs, sales rationale, etc.
-May also participate in presales or sales meetings to review proposed plans.
-Functions as liaison between regional sales and marketing function.
-Provides and/or initiates sales analysis affecting distribution, spending as it relates to volume, brand promotional strategy, and selling tools.
Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with poly clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship required.
Desired Skills: Candidate must have experience with the DoD acquisition and industry capture processes. Experience with small satellite development and production.
• Detailed capture and proposal process knowledge.
• Significant capture and/or proposal experience on a variety of opportunities including a relevant mix of program types, complexities, products, technologies and customers.
• Ability to convey complex, technical information effectively and succinctly in written form. Must be able to interpret, paraphrase and rewrite engineering source data into a form suitable for the customer.
• Proposal development will include working closely with capture team leadership and executives to develop key proposal messages, learning and understanding technical program content and transforming ideas and messages into high-quality visuals and compelling messaging.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time and with short notice
• Must be able to work varying schedule with high levels of overtime as driven by proposal demands (e.g., overtime hours on nights and weekends)
• Must be able to work in an environment with a Team Leader as supervisor. Ability to obtain and maintain cooperative relationships with peers. Candidate must also possess good interpersonal skills (both for written and oral communications); and be capable of working independently or as part of a team.
• Must be able to hold up under intense scrutiny by government customer and stay positive, with Can Do Attitude.
• Ability to organize effectively, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and complete tasks on time without daily supervision.
• Ability to obtain a clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top