Avionics Systems Engineer Integration & Test
Description: Lockheed Martin RMS - Owego is looking for a mid career Integration and Test (I&T) Systems Engineer to work on multiple rotary or fixed wing avionics platform programs. The ideal candidate has Systems I&T experience as well as familiarity with the Time Phased Engineering Standard Process. This candidate would be involved with hands on I&T activities across multiple platforms. The candidate may be responsible for requirements traceability, procedural work including updates and informal/formal test execution, interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines (hardware, software and specialty engineering) as well as equipment suppliers, supporting requirements definition and decomposition, and other design artifacts/activities for the successful integration of avionics subsystems onto fixed or rotary wing aircraft platforms.
The work includes responsibilities in testing at both a SSS and SRS level, some systems engineering experience is preferred. Hardware Integration test experience also preferred. The selected individual will work as part of a dynamic Systems Engineering team supporting systems integration activities for military aircraft platforms. Current needs are for team members experienced integrating and testing software centric systems. Areas of engagement include items such as data links, Ethernet Networking, Communication systems, video encoding, 1553 interfaces, radar, digital stores management system, scripting and debugging.
As a senior level Systems Engineer the candidate will be acting in a leadership role. The candidate will be expected to be able to provide current status at a program office level or higher, there is also an expectation that this candidate will be able to successfully and professionally interact with the customer. The candidate should be able to provide daily guidance to a small team and also mentor new engineers.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours' drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, wineries, craft breweries, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
Desired Skills: • Experience with MIL-STD-1553, and/or familiarity and experience with any of the following systems: stores management, electronic warfare, EO/IR sensors, radar, acoustics, data links, military communications, or man-machine interface/human factors.
• Familiarity with test tools such as Bus analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Ethernet Sniffers, Multi-meters, Hand held tools, Time Domain Reflectometers, Signal Analyzers, Simulation tools, and specialized avionics test sets
• Familiarity with process tools such as DOORS, SAP, Web Inspect, and JIRA
• Familiarity or experience with Agile development process.
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin systems development life-cycle and the Lockheed Martin processes, systems engineer and integration and test.
• Systems Engineering Qualification
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security clearance.
• Avionics Systems engineering experience, preferably working military programs.
• Experience leading teams through engineering development and successfully delivering products. Ability to manage technical, cost, and schedule.
• Experience decomposing requirements, developing systems engineering work products and integrating complex systems including sensors and communication systems.
• Previous Systems Engineering experience across the entire program life cycle within military aircraft / avionics architectures and associated off-board support systems.
• Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; demonstrated technical leadership.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; able to work effectively in a team environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top