Avionics Systems Engineer
- Endicott, NY
Description:By applying for this role you will be considered for enterprise-wide opportunities within Lockheed Martin for the same or similar skill set.
Step into the challenge of engineering a better tomorrow. You'll be backed by the inspiration of Lockheed Martin's culture, based on a heritage of innovation and creativity, serving the needs of our nation and humanity. Here you can make a difference in many ways, from mission-critical ongoing programs to emerging technologies. The opportunities are limitless!
Previous Systems Engineering experience across the entire program life cycle within military aircraft / avionics architectures and associated off-board support systems.
Currently, we have the following system engineering roles for forward-thinking and energetic individuals:
• Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft avionics networking (network designs, Ethernet, routers, switches).
• Experience developing strategic/roadmap solutions for avionics subsystems.
• Experience with the design, integration, and test of avionics systems within Rotary and/or Fixed Wing platforms.
- Avionics Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE)
- Avionics Systems Engineer - Cockpit Systems
- Avionics Weapons Systems Engineer
- Avionics Mission Processing Systems
- Avionics Defense Systems Engineer
- Avionics Sensor Systems Engineer
- Avionics Data Fusion Systems Engineer
- Avionics Senior Systems Engineer
Engineers perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Candidate must be a motivated self-starter with an attention to detail. The candidate will be required to operate independently in a team environment. Schematic design/understanding and the ability to accommodate changing priorities on a daily basis are a must. Experience and proficiency with requirements management tools such as DOORS is preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
• Experience with system development to airworthiness (DO-178, DO-254) standards.
• Experience using Enterprise Modeling Tools to model complex systems using SysML.
• Tools/Languages: DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, MATLAB, Python
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top