Avionics System Engineer
- Fort Worth, TX
Description:Seeking an experienced avionics system engineer to provide systems integration design and verification for major aircraft programs. Experience with Rotary Platforms is preferred. Ideal candidates will have experience with multiple of the following types of Avionics Systems: Voice Communications (external & Internal) Systems, Tactical data links, Navigation, Displays & Controls, and Survivability. Candidate will be performing the following work activities:
• Develop system/sub-system requirements flow down in support of system engineering.
• Interface with sub-contractors and the customer.
• Support customer and supplier design reviews and integration activities.
• Support design activities including schematic and wiring diagram reviews, airframe design and equipment installation drawing reviews.
• Conduct and support trade studies.
• Develop system lab test procedures.
• Conduct analysis and testing as required.
• Support development of aircraft level test procedures.
• Conduct or support aircraft testing.
• Provide developmental/production aircraft support for system issues.
• Light to modest travel required.
A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience, or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree is required. Related disciplines include but are not limited to: Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Physics.
This job requires an understanding of the operation and interrelationships of aircraft systems and an understanding of integration onto rotary platforms. The individual will need to be able to work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and ensure the successful integration of design solutions and changes.
Candidate must be a motivated self-starter with an attention to detail. The candidate will be required to operate independently in a team environment. Schematic design/understanding and the ability to accommodate changing priorities on a daily basis are a must. Experience and proficiency with requirements management tools such as DOORS is preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top