Avionics System Design Engineer
Description:Lockheed Martin Aeronautics delivers breakthrough capabilities and landmark aircraft that continually redefine flight. For more than 100 years, Aeronautics has been designing, building, and sustaining the finest military aircraft in the world.
The Integrated Fighter Group is looking for individuals that would thrive in a challenging environment whose charter is to provide state of the art capabilities to two major deployed Warfighters: F-16 and F-22. Both of these aircraft are on the front-line supporting key Air Force initiatives around the world and the measure of success for this work is in increased survivability for the men and women who put their lives at risk for all of us.
•Development of avionics system solutions for new capability implementation and/or problem resolution.
•Requirements decomposition and tracking, risk management, and architecture development across multiple projects
•Working across disciplines to ensure all aspects of the project are covered with appropriate requirements (requirement formulation, decomposition, flow-down, traceability, and metrics)
•Working with functional experts and generating verification and validation plans for requirements
•Working with senior engineers to provide documents to convey customer and supplier requirement relationships
•Other duties as assigned
Must be a US Citizen. Position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have a final Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain a Secret SAR/SAP clearance.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering degree
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes to include requirements development and verification, systems architecture, and conceptual design theories
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Familiarity with SAFe/Agile methodologies
• MS Office Suite Proficiency
• Team Player
• Excellent Communication Skills
Back to top