Avionics Communications Systems Engineer
- Stratford, CT
Description:Candidates with bachelors or master's degrees in electrical, systems, or computer science should explore the opportunities available in the Owego Systems engineering organization; there are also opportunities for mathematics and physics degrees. This early to mid-level career position will support government rotary wing aircraft contracts and programs. The specific opportunity exists with the Communications, Identification, and Navigation Systems Engineering Department so experience military communication systems and networking are desired.
System engineering tasks may include: technical trade studies, requirements allocation and equipment interface definitions, system design, translation of customer requirements into hardware and software specifications, documentation review and update, equipment and software integration, lab regression testing, flight test support, analysis & documentation of problem trouble reports, written and verbal status of testing progress to the concurrent engineering team.
This systems engineer will work in a team environment and must be able to effectively communicate and interface with others including Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management, Suppliers and end Customers.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse, New York, sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Great metropolitan weekend getaways with friends are just a few hours away and include areas such as Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia. The Adirondacks, Catskills, Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes are also areas to explore and host activities including: sailing, boating, kayaking, jet skiing, hiking, mountain biking, golfing, fishing, skiing, snow shoeing, concerts, shows and seasonal festivals. The local area and region are also home to a number of New York state wineries and craft breweries.
• Intermediate experience with datalinks (Link-16, Link-11, SATCOM) and/or Networking
• Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
• Experience developing, deriving, and allocating tiered Systems Engineering requirements in Aerospace & Defense applications
• Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a team environment
• Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline from an accredited college
• Interim Secret Clearance required
• Knowledge of MIL-STD 6016
• Understanding of a broad set of common aircraft technologies and interfaces as they relate to communication systems, datalinks, network designs, human machine interfaces, Ethernet, routers, switches, etc.
• Current active secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top