Autonomy/AI Software & Systems Architect Prin
- Shelton, CT
Description:The Enterprise Operations Artificial Intelligence Team is looking for a technical Engineering Program Manager who will be responsible for leading diverse teams of engineers. The selected candidate will be responsible for the successful technical, cost, and schedule execution for a number of simultaneous program milestones and objectives. The chosen candidate will be engaged in the technical execution of software development activities across the full software development life cycle, including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration and test while ensuring the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied on assigned programs.
In addition, the chosen candidate will advance the craft of software engineering, implementing new and modern tools, techniques and paradigms. The candidate will possess passion for conceptualizing, building, testing and maturing autonomous systems. This candidate will apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques in the software field to develop tangible, differentiated and meaningful solutions aimed at significantly enhancing the sustainment of complex systems and enabling future hyper-battlespace capabilities.
The selected candidate will lead a range of projects including short-term sprints (rapid prototyping) and long-term engagements (integration, maturation of prototypes). The candidate will be exposed to Artificial Intelligence, and as such will be responsible for leading teams that are focused on supporting major projects that leverage AI to create and sustain state-of-the-art technologies.
The individual will be responsible for leading software sprints, providing technical mentoring, making innovative contributions to the development of new business opportunities, product line road maps, and supporting new business captures.
The candidate must exhibit self-motivation, a strong work ethic, time management and interpersonal skills.
Must be a US Person (i.e. a US citizen or Green Card holder).
The preference is for the candidate to be based in Shelton, CT, but other work location arrangements can be considered.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related discipline
• Proven leadership experience in engineering assignments and successful proven results in leading and executing on software-intensive programs
• Proven experience leading virtual teams
• Strong and proven understanding of the engineering development process
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience implementing Agile
• Knowledge of machine learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, etc.)
• Experience with multiple software languages, both traditional compiled (C/C++/Ada/Java) and interpreted (Python/Typescript)
• Experience with development of large-scale distributed application development (traditional client/server, Service Oriented Architectures, Microservice Architectures, etc.)
• Basic understanding of web application development using C#, VB.Net, .Net Core, Angular, and SQL Server.
• Experience with DevOps tools: Docker, Git [GitLab, GitHub], Continuous Integration [CI], Continuous Deployment [CD]
• Experience developing prototype software
• CAM experience
• Experience applying modern Computer Vision or RF signal processing
• Background in high-performance computing (CUDA), embedded HPC a plus
• Experience with network/messaging (UDP, ZeroMQ, RESTful API, etc.)
• Experience developing applications on Linux
• Experience with C++
• Experience interfacing with databases (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
• Active security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top