Autonomy Motion Planning Engineer
- Stratford, CT
Description:Define the future of aviation. Stand at the forefront of technology and innovation. Transform your ideas and dreams into reality. Join Lockheed Martin's Flight Controls and Autonomy team and be part of the greatest transformation in aviation history; unmanned fully autonomous flight.
The Flight Controls and Autonomy team is currently seeking highly motivated technology pioneers with a desire to steer and lead the Autonomy industry. Successful candidates must be willing and able to work on highly complex challenging problems, leading to world-changing technological breakthroughs.
Team's technical areas of emphasis include Fly-By-Wire Flight Control Systems, Guidance/Navigation & Control (GNC), Flight Test, Autonomy, Aviation Robotics, Perception, AI and Motion Planning.
The motion planner's job is to produce a safe, feasible path for the aircraft using perception sensor data. You'll work with the planning team to building real-time motion planning algorithms for aircraft in partially known environments and human-in-the-loop flights.
Look no further, the future of aviation is here. Join our awesome team today!
M.Sc or PhD in computer science, robotics engineering, physics or mathematics.
5+ Years of Experience
• Experience with motion planning algorithms under kinodynamic constrains (sample-based and search-based)
• Trajectory optimization and state of the art non-smooth multi-objective optimization techniques
• Strong C/C++ programming background
• Knowledge of advanced data structures and algorithms
• Experience with modern software engineering tools and development frameworks (e.g. Git, CMake, gtest, etc.)
• Experience working on safety-critical software systems
• Experience with dynamic model of airplane and helicopter and flight controls
• Flight test experience
• Demonstrable ability to create real-time motion planning algorithms
• Familiarity with Linux environment
• Experience with inter-process communications such as ROS
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top