Associate Mbr Eng Staff
Description:1. System engineering of Weapons Control System products supporting Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) and Anti-Air Warfare (AAW) programs.
2. Develop AAW & BMD fire control, track filtering, guidance, engagement planning, and coordinate system alignment algorithms by performing design trades, simulating algorithms using C++ and MATLAB simulations, analyzing results, and documenting findings in technical papers and presentations.
3. Analysis, design and generation of computer program requirements; development of test plans and procedures; verification of requirements implementation through software testing; system level test at local and remote customer sites; documentation of results; and detailed analysis of problems with recommended solutions.
4. Participation in design and code reviews of Weapon System products with Aegis element engineers, the program office, and the customer.
5. Off-hour and or weekend work may be required. Domestic travel required and international travel may be required. Travel to and support of customer test events, including ship board events, at domestic and international locations may be required.
6. Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position.
1. Bachelor's degree from the fields of Engineering; Mathematics; Natural, Physical or Computer Sciences, or equivalent degree required.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
4. Able to work independently or as a member of a team.
5. Good interpersonal skills.
6. Familiarity with PC and workstation design tools and environments used for system and subsystem engineering.
7. Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position.
8. Minimum a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
1. Proficient in the use of Unix, Linux, Python, C/C++, MATLAB, and/or Java.
2. Experience with simulations.
3. Experience with aerodynamics, missile guidance, orbital mechanics, navigation, control systems, dynamics, optimal estimation theory, Kalman filtering, nonlinear systems, and statistics.
4. Requirements analysis and development including UML/SysML, DOORS, and Rhapsody. Experience in requirements modeling, use case development, requirements management and product line management.
5. Demonstrated proficiency developing/executing software test plans and procedures.
Back to top