Associate electrical engineer
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
1. Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
2. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
3. Prepares scopes of work for construction and facilities acquisition.
4. Estimates new construction and rearrangement costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
5. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
1. Coordinates with customers, engineers, managers, etc. to define scopes of work, changes, and progress through completion of work.
2. Follows jobs/projects throughout implementation from conception to completion as assigned, including coordination of personnel.
3. Interfaces with contractors in-field, in-house supervision and labor to ensure timing and quality standards are adhered
4. Designs actual work, instructs others, and directs draftsmen in the creation of drawings and equipment specifications.
5. Works with others (in-house personnel, vendors) to specify and order needed materials.
6. Maintains frequent communication with supervisor regarding job/project work and cost status.
7. Resolves job changes and delays to provide alternate solutions to maintain schedules for jobs/projects.
8. Plans, designs, and prepares layout sketches for building construction, building renovations, building rearrangements, or equipment installations.
9. Acquires all necessary data and background information to determine best possible equipment design layouts.
10. Develops construction plans in accordance with local/state/federal building codes/regulations and environmental/health/safety requirements codes/regulations.
11. Designs facilities and structures while applying a wide variety of requirements such as engineering tables, formulas, codes, and other standards.
BSEE or BSEET degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 0-3 years of professional industrial and/or commercial Facilities Engineering/Facilities Maintenance experience.
Familiar with the design, specification and maintenance of medium/low voltage electrical distribution systems (transformers, panel boards, switches, cabling, grounding), fire alarm systems, lighting control systems, Uninterruptable Power Systems (UPS), Back-up generator systems, security systems (access control and intrusion detection), other.
Qualified candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Familiarity with New Jersey Uniform Construction Code (NJ UCC)
-Familiarity with National Electric Code (NEC)
-Good decision making and problem solving skills
-Good communications skills for dealing with maintenance staff, outside technical contractors, and in-plant management on subjects involving engineering design, operations, functionality, and project planning.
Back to top