Applications Engineer Sr
Description: This position executes the planning, development, and integration of advanced manufacturing technology and processes to resolve technical manufacturing problems.
This position will perform project management functions such as budget and schedule management, status reporting, cost benefit analysis, trade studies, etc. as well as technology development functions, MRL (manufacturing readiness level) assessments, process definition and testing, industry capability evaluations and technical demonstrations for Manufacturing Technology projects supporting Advanced Development Programs (ADP) Special Projects.
The primary focus for this role supports projects in additive manufacturing. Specific efforts include developing use case and business case analysis for manufacturing tooling, and in select cases component parts, using both polymer and metallic based methods. The role requires coordinating with separate technology development efforts both internal and external to the organization focused on additive manufacturing and program end users towards the deployment of additive manufacturing for production use.
This position includes engineering and technical support for projects ranging in span from manufacturing process investigation and development, test and improvements, manufacturing equipment and system specification, procurement and supplier management, integration and production support. In addition to this role's primary focus project support may include various areas of aerospace manufacturing ranging from metallic and composite fabrication, assembly, system integration, aircraft finishes and coatings, and manufacturing systems.
Desired Skills: - Secret level security clearance
- Experience working in advanced manufacturing concepts as they relate to current and emerging aircraft platforms
- Knowledge of military aircraft design, fabrication, assembly, finishes, and inspection methods and tools
- Knowledge of industry best practices for a broad range of manufacturing techniques
- Creative approach to technical problem solving
- Strong technical background
- Project management experience
- Experience developing advanced technology
- Experience with technical requirements generation and equipment specification development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a US citizen, this position is located at a facility that requires special access
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top