Applications Engineer Associate
Description:- Position will research and analyze manufacturing issues, constraints, or cost drivers in current Lockheed Martin Aeronautics manufacturing processes.
- This assignment area includes engineering and technical support for projects ranging from manufacturing process development and improvements to manufacturing equipment and system specification, procurement, integration and support.
- Responsibilities include planning, developing, prototyping, and integrating new technologies and equipment to resolve technical manufacturing problems. Also includes project management support (budget and schedule management), status reporting, and cost benefit analysis. Example technology engagement areas could include additive manufacturing or projection equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
-Must be a US Citizen; this position may require a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering degree or other related technical field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical background
- Creative approach to technical problem solving with demonstrated prototyping experience
- Exposure to project management techniques
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Experience with automation systems
- Experience with CAD platforms like CATIA V5
- Programming experience with VBA, Python, or SQL
- Experience developing and deploying advanced technology
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management concepts
- Exposure to the aerospace industry and manufacturing processes
Back to top