AN/SPY-1 Radar and BMD Technical Trainer
- Dahlgren, VA
Description:- We are seeking a talented and experienced SPY/BMD Technician and Instructor to support the Aegis International Programs team and conduct waterfront and schoolhouse training.
- This individual will support a multi-instructor and developer workforce providing instruction and curricula updates for our International Program customers and in support of schoolhouse and shipboard training.
- Assist in the development of new training materials, revise existing curricula, and support simulation virtual courseware updates and deployment.
- Deliver formal training for internal and external customers, conduct instructor evaluations, and submit training reports.
- Most of the work for this position will be conducted as part of an international training team with travel opportunities available to support our international customers in locations such as Japan, Australia, Norway, and South Korea. Training opportunities in Dahlgren, VA are also a part of this role.
- Certified as Navy Instructor with NEC 9502
- Operational experience with the AN/SPY-1 Radar System with at least one shipboard tour and one training/instructional tour.
- Ability to discuss technical and operational concepts related to Aegis Combat System and the Aegis Weapon System
- Graduate of U.S. Navy Training SPY-1 Radar System Maintenance course with relevant Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) experience
- Proven communication skills with the ability to work independently and as a team contributor
- Master Training Specialist Certification
- Relevant USN Aegis Baseline 9 operational experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top