Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
Description: This position requires demonstrated proficiencies in supervisory or management areas, designated to assist the Senior Site Representative (SSR) and be responsible for the production modification, quality of work, and safety procedures of assigned work shift. Responsible for the analysis of the daily workload and task requirements for the aircraft. Assignment of the appropriate technicians to complete work card tasks. This position is required to review, analyze, plan, and document the completion of the workload for that assigned aircraft utilizing the management product. Assist and guide others in developing daily maintenance plans and ensure performance of those plans. Be able to evaluate personnel, including verification of skills, training and experience. Oversees on-going maintenance actions, procedures, equipment and facilities. Ensures all aircraft maintenance is completed using the current applicable technical data. Manages and reviews the aircraft workbook documents, ensuring accuracy and completion on a daily basis. Review maintenance documents, aircraft inspection records, notes, recurring discrepancies and trends and initiate appropriate corrective actions. Performs budget, schedule, and resource analysis and reports results to the SSR. Manages and organizes the distribution for use of support equipment, to include powered support equipment and non-powered equipment equally to support production requirements. Ensures technicians are trained and current on the use of equipment. Coordinates with engineering aid to initiate and review appropriate quality deficiency reports, ensuring they are accurate, clear, concise and comprehensive. Conduct safety inspections and provide safety related training to the assigned technicians.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must possess at minimum an Interim clearance.
Desired Skills: • In-depth knowledge of F-35 aircraft structures and/or systems
• Low Observable Coatings application.
• In-depth knowledge of F-35 Coatings applications, specifications, and inspection criteria.
• Able to attain proficiency in Aircraft Logistics Informatin System (ALIS).
• Knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management System Requirements.
• Excellent teaming skills
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• At least 1 years experience with Fighter aircraft maintenance.
• Demonstrated proficiencies in supervisory or management areas.
• Knowledge and application of Quality Assurance practices.
• Application of aircraft inspection and verification/validation techniques.
• Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings and specifications and apply their intent to evaluate acceptance of quality products.
• Knowledgable in planning and/or other aircraft work instructions.
• In-depth knowledge of aircraft structures, systems, and/or aircraft Coatings applications, specifications, and inspection criteria.
• Proficiency in writing nonconformance documents.
• Knowledgeable of FOD and Tool Control processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top