Aircraft Ground Test Systems Engineer
Description: Become part of our team as an in-country engineer for KF-X effort. This program provides technical assistance to Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multirole fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea, and responsibilities include:
• Review for flight control system ground test plans and procedures, to include structural coupling tests and system/subsystem functional integration testing.
• Support to develop the ground test hardware and software tool.
• Review the flight control functions to support ground test.
• Review for flight control PDR material (related to Ground Test).
In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount. The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert and train and mentor customer engineers. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate internationally.
Desired Skills: The following are desired but not required:
• 10+ years of experience in Flight Controls
• Effective task organization and communication skills with a background in Flight Controls ground test plan, procedure, tool development and testing.
• Strong organizational skills - ability to oversee multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to identify and resolve task conflicts and issues; experience interfacing with customers and subcontractors.
• Exceptional communication skills to mentor and train KF-X GT engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
• Experience working with international customers, particularly the Korean Government or culture
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience in military aircraft Flight Control Systems
• Experience and skills mentoring and training other engineers
• Experience with Flight Control System design, test, and procurement
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top