Aircraft Engine Installation Design Engineer - In-country Korea
Description: Become part of our team as an in-country Engine Installation Design Engineer for the KF-X Program . This position provides engineering technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) on the KF-X development program. KF-X is a South Korean program to develop an advanced multirole fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position is located in Sacheon, South Korea.
The KF-X program is seeking a person with extensive aircraft engine installation and engine structural mount design experience to serve as a primary point of contact for advising KAI engineers during configuration development. The successful candidate will provide technical advice (to include training, guidance, support, and development assistance) to KAI engineers while guiding concept development through the appropriate application of analysis methodologies, ground test, and flight test to achieve a balanced design solution that meets customer needs. The candidate should possess experience and skill sets in engine installation mechanical design and working knowledge and experience with associated mechanical subsystems. In addition to strong technical skills the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount. The selected candidate will not only serve as a subject matter expert, but will also train and mentor customer engineers.
The selected candidate will have high proficiency in propulsion systems integration and a good working knowledge of related engineering disciplines. Tasks shall include, but not be limited to, providing subject matter expert guidance, training and mentoring to the customer for the following:
• Review of engine installation and removal concepts
• Review of mechanical and functional hardware interface control definition developed and defined between aircraft systems
• Trade studies
• Components definition and design requirements
• Installation layouts and requirements
• Loads analysis
• Mechanical design and functionality definitions
• Engine components' access and removability approach
• Installation and system performance test procedures and verification
• Reliability, maintainability and supportability assessment
• Other tasks as required
Upon selection candidates will receive details of the long term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
• Must be able to relocate internationally
• Must be a US Citizen.
* This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: The following skills are desired but not required:
• Experience with new aircraft design and development
• Experience with aircraft Propulsion Systems Integration, Engine Installation and Mounting design, integration, analysis, and qualification
• Experience with engine manufacturer communication and coordination
• Experience working with international customers
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
• Experience with communicating cross-functionally
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Experience working in or with the Korean government or culture
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
• 7+ years of experience in Aircraft Propulsion Systems Integration, Engine Installation, Engine Mount Design, and Sustainment
• Experience in design and theory of operation of modern after-burning gas turbine engines
• Experience working with Systems Engineering principles, theories and concepts
• Experience mentoring and training other engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top